Lettermen's Club donation
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white photograph of Fred McLean (right), president of the Lettermen's Club, presenting University President Frank C. Peters (left) with a cheque for $2,300. The cheque is partial payment for the furnishings for the Mike Mitchell Memorial Lounge (Lettermen's Lounge) in the Athletic Complex. Head Coach Tuffy Knight looks on.
- The Lettermen Club is a Pro-Active Club consisting of all Male Varsity Athletes. They are responsible for Charity work directed both on campus and throughout the Kitchener-Waterloo Community. This club is a place to unite all the male Varsity sports teams, for the purpose of gaining a broader network of communication and solidarity. The Lettermen Club offers a supportive climate for all male Varsity athletes, their teams, and Laurier Athletics as a whole.
Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo College became Waterloo Lutheran University, and in 1973 changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University.
- Date of Original
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 24.5cm
Image Height: 19.5cm
- Local identifier
- Wilfrid Laurier University photograph collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4668 Longitude: -80.51639
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- U57 Disc19
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5