Waterloo Lutheran University fans at Seagram Stadium
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white photograph of people sitting in the bleachers of Seagram Stadium. Some of the men and women are wearing Waterloo Lutheran University caps and buttons.
- Seagram Stadium and Gymnasium was built by Waterloo College and Associate Faculties in 1957 with funding from the City of Waterloo, Joseph E. Seagram and Sons Ltd., and Ontario Hydro. Wilfrid Laurier University gained ownership of the Stadium in 1991 and undertook renovations which included the installation of artificial turf in 1994. In 1997 the name was changed to University Stadium and Sports Centre. A $5 million renovation in 2007 added a running track and updated the turf, bleachers, training and therapy rooms, gymnasium, and change rooms. Also in 2007, the athletic field was named Knight-Newbrough Field in honour of football coaches David “Tuffy” Knight and Rich Newbrough.
Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo College became Waterloo Lutheran University, and in 1973 changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University.
- Reverse: 11595 / PG 56 / POS 1 / ID
- Date of Original
- 1971 or 1972
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 18.5cm
Image Height: 24cm
- Local identifier
- Wilfrid Laurier University photograph collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4668 Longitude: -80.51639
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- U57 Disc19
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5