Wilfrid Laurier University campus
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Colour circular fisheye photograph of the Wilfrid Laurier University campus. The Waterloo Lutheran Seminary building is on the left, and the Library is on the right. In the foreground, cars are parked in a mutli-level parking lot.
- The Wilfrid Laurier University Library, a seven storey building located on the main campus, was constructed in three phases. Initial construction began in 1964, and the three storey Library opened in 1965. Construction phases 2 and 3, completed in 1971 and 1984, added the fourth through seventh floors. A major renovation took place in 2002.
Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo College became Waterloo Lutheran University, and in 1973 changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University.
- Date of Original
- Between 1971 and 1984
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 11.8cm
Image Height: 8cm
- Local identifier
- Wilfrid Laurier University photograph collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4668 Longitude: -80.51639
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- U57 Disc19
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5