John Aird Centre, Wilfrid Laurier University
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Colour photograph of the front entrance of the John Aird Centre at Wilfrid Laurier University. A car is parked in the lot on the left.
- The John Aird Centre was opened in 1988. It houses the Maureen Forester Recital Hall, Robert Langen Art Gallery, Theatre Auditorium, classrooms, and offices. It is named for John B. Aird, former lieutenant-governor of Ontario, and Chancellor of Wilfrid Laurier University from 1977 to 1985.
Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo College became Waterloo Lutheran University, and in 1973 changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University.
- Date of Original
- Between 1988 and 2005
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 15cm
Image Height: 10cm
- Local identifier
- Wilfrid Laurier University photograph collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4668 Longitude: -80.51639
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- U57 Disc18
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5