Wedding ceremony in church
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white photograph of a wedding ceremony in a church. The wedding party and the pastor are standing at the front. Guests are seated in the pews. The church is decorated with two Christmas trees.
- Emil Albert Gomann (1889-1969) was a Lutheran pastor, missionary and professor.
Gomann was born in Germany. He graduated from Kropp Seminary, and accepted positions as Immanuel and Christ churches in Berlin, and St. Mary’s Cathedral in Osnabrueck.
In 1913 he accepted a call from the Mission Board of the Canada Synod and immigrated to Canada. Gomann served in various parishes in Ontario, including including Milverton, Chalk River, Petawawa, Linwood, and Denbigh. He also served at Grace Lutheran Church in Gurley, Nebraska.
Gomann taught at several seminaries, including the Lutheran College and Seminary in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan; Central Lutheran Seminary in Fremont, Nebraska; Waterloo Lutheran Seminary in Waterloo, Ontario.
Emil Gomann continued to pursue post-graduate studies throughout most of his life. He received a BA from Waterloo College; an MA from University of Toronto; a BD from the Chicago Lutheran Seminary; an MST from the Chicago Lutheran Seminary; and a DST from Chicago Lutheran Seminary.
- Handwritten, front: G. & D. wedding Jan. 2, 1943.
Handwritten, reverse: During ceremong Sat. Jan. 2/43
- Date of Original
- Jan. 2, 1943
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 10cm
Image Height: 6cm
- Local identifier
- Emil Albert Gomann fonds
- Copyright Statement
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian law. No restrictions on use.
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- U57 Disc45
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5