Conrad Hall, Waterloo College
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white photograph of Conrad Hall, the women's residence at Waterloo College.
- This was the original campus building when the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada opened in 1911. Through the years the building was used for many different purposes. In 1952 the building was renovated and became the first permanent women's residence on campus. In 1954 it was officially named Conrad Hall in honour of Clara Conrad, long-time president of the Women's Auxiliary. The building was demolished in 1963 to make room for the new Waterloo Lutheran Seminary building.
The Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada began in 1911. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo Lutheran University was formed, consisting of Waterloo College and Waterloo Lutheran Seminary. In 1973 the name of the University was changed to Wilfrid Laurier University, with Waterloo Lutheran Seminary as a federated college.
- Reverse: Conrad Hall - Was the original seminary building. Modified in 1952 as a residence for 22 girls. It was named Conrad Hall after Mrs. Jacob Conrad, a leading light in the Women's Auxiliary.
- Date of Original
- Between 1950 and 1963
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 14.6cm
Image Height: 12cm
- Local identifier
- Wilfrid Laurier University photograph collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4668 Longitude: -80.51639
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- U57 Disc18
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5