Lieutenant Governor Lincoln Alexander presents Clara Bernhardt with the Order of Ontario, 1991
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white photograph of Lieutenant Governor Lincoln Alexander (right) presenting Clara Bernhardt (centre) with the Order of Ontario. The man on the left is unknown.
- Clara Bernhardt (1911-1993) was a poet, novelist, composer, and columnist who lived in Cambridge, Ontario. At the age of eleven she was stricken with polio and confined to a wheelchair. Although she was unable to pursue more than a Grade 8 education, Bernhardt wrote poetry, articles, and stories. Her newspaper columns circulated in Canada and the United States for more than sixty years, and she was a columnist for the Preston Times Herald (now the Cambridge Times) for thirty years. She published three volumes of poetry, two novels, and a book of songs. In 1991 Clara Bernhardt was presented with the Order of Ontario.
- Date of Original
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 24cm
Image Height: 19.5cm
- Local identifier
- Clara Bernhardt fonds
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- S714 Disc1
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5