- Stephen Jones, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white photograph of Clara Bernhardt.
- Clara Bernhardt (1911-1993) was a poet, novelist, composer, and columnist who lived in Cambridge, Ontario. At the age of eleven she was stricken with polio and confined to a wheelchair. Although she was unable to pursue more than a Grade 8 education, Bernhardt wrote poetry, articles, and stories. Her newspaper columns circulated in Canada and the United States for more than sixty years, and she was a columnist for the Preston Times Herald (now the Cambridge Times) for thirty years. She published three volumes of poetry, two novels, and a book of songs. In 1991 Clara Bernhardt was presented with the Order of Ontario.
- Handwritten, reverse: Clara Bernhardt, Preston, Ont. / First book of poetry 1939
Photographer stamp, reverse: Photographs by Stephen Jones / 80 Gerrard Street West / Near Bay and College Sts. / Toronto 2 / Studio ADelaide 4644 / Residence HUdson 3353
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 13cm
Image Height: 17cm
- Local identifier
- Clara Bernhardt fonds
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.3834 Longitude: -80.31637
- Copyright Statement
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian law. No restrictions on use.
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- S714 Disc 1
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5