First English Evangelical Lutheran Church, Kitchener, Ontario
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white photograph of the exterior of First English Evangelical Lutheran Church in Kitchener, Ontario. The church was located on Queen Street.
- St. Mark’s Lutheran Church (1913-2018) in Kitchener, Ontario was a member of the Eastern Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada. In 2018, St. Mark’s merged with Reformation Lutheran Church of Kitchener and St. John’s Lutheran Church of Waterloo to form Trillium Lutheran Church.
The congregation was organized on February 2, 1913 as First English Evangelical Lutheran Church, filling the need for English language Lutheran services in the Kitchener-Waterloo area, where German language services were prevalent. Just two months later, the congregation purchased the former St. Matthew’s Lutheran Church on Queen Street in Kitchener, Ontario.
- Front: ONKI
Reverse, in pencil: Lutheran June 24 / Kitchener Ont - Can. First Church
- Date of Original
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 20.5cm
Image Height: 15.5cm
- Local identifier
- St. Mark's Lutheran Church (Kitchener, ON) fonds
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4501 Longitude: -80.48299
- Copyright Statement
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian law. No restrictions on use.
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- S2032 Disc 1
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5