Rev. Robert Rock and family
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white photograph of Rev. Robert Rock, his wife Iris Rock, and their four children. The family is seated indoors.
- John H. Reble (1887-1975) was a Lutheran pastor who served as President of the Canada Synod from 1945 to 1953.
John Reble was born in Kropp, Germany on December 14, 1887. He was educated at Kropp Seminary, moved to Canada in 1909. Reble was ordained in Hamilton, Ontario in 1909.
Reble served as pastor of Denbigh-Raglan from 1909 to 1912, Linwood-Hessen from 1912-1925, and St. Paul in Hamilton from 1925-1945. He became the president of the Canadian Synod starting in 1925, and was elected as full-time president in 1945. Reble maintained this position until 1953 when he retired. Following retirement he continued to lead supply services in Walkerton, Arnprior, Kitchener, and Germany.
He married Gertrud Butze on May 26, 1909 at Arnpoir, Ontario. The couple had one daughter, Elsie, and four sons: Kurt, Otto, Eric and John.
Reble passed away on April 7, 1975 at 87 years old in his home in Kitchener, and a funeral service was held on April 10 at St. Peter’s Lutheran Church. His wife, Getrud, died on January 20, 1985.
- Handwritten, front: Bob, Timothy, Robert, Rebecca, Philip, Iris. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Handwritten, reverse: The Rocks of Nova Scotia.
- Date of Original
- Between 1950 and 1970
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 13cm
Image Height: 9cm
- Local identifier
- John H. Reble fonds
- Language of Item
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Rev. Robert Rock and family, S2078, File 4.8, John H. Reble fonds, Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.
- Reproduction Notes
- S2078 Disc1
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5