Pastor & Mrs. M. Voss
- Media Type
- Item Types
- Black and white photograph of Pastor Max Voss and his wife Louise Voss. They are standing in front of a house.
- John H. Reble (1887-1975) served as pastor of Denbigh-Raglan from 1909-1912, Linwood-Hessen from 1912-1925, and St. Paul in Hamilton from 1925-1945. He became the president of the Canadian Synod starting in 1925, and was elected as full-time president in 1945. Reble maintained this position until 1953 when he retired. Following retirement he continued to lead supply services in Walkerton, Arnprior, Kitchener, and Germany.
Dr. Reble was born in Kropp, Germany on December 14, 1887 and moved to Canada to become a priest in 1909.
He married Gertrud Butze on May 26, 1909 at Arnpoir, Ontario. The couple had one daughter, Elsie, and four sons: Kurt, Otto, Eric and John.
Reble passed away on April 7, 1975 at 87 years old in his home in Kitchener, and a funeral service was held on April 10 at St. Peter’s Lutheran Church. His wife, Getrud, died on January 20, 1985.
- In ink, front: Pastor & Mrs. M. Voss
Handwritten, reverse: Pastor & Mrs. M. Voss
- Date of Original
- Between 1935 and 1959
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 16cm
Image Height: 11cm
- Local identifier
- John H. Reble fonds
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4668 Longitude: -80.51639
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Pastor & Mrs. M. Voss, S2078, File 4.4, John H. Reble fonds, Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.
- Reproduction Notes
- S2078 Disc1
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5