Wilfrid Laurier University student standing in front of the Student Union Building
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white photograph of a female Wilfrid Laurier University student leaning against a tree. She is reading the "Campus calendar 78/79" and holding a large envelope. In the background, cars are parked underneath the Student Union Building.
- In 1970 the Student Union Building, a four storey structure in the centre of the Waterloo Lutheran University campus, was constructed. Only the top two floors of the building were completed, leaving the lower floors as a parking lot. In 1979 the second phase of construction enclosed the bottom two floors, completing the building. The Student Union Building was expanded in 1995. In 1997 it was renamed the Fred Nichols Campus Centre, in honour of Fred Nichols, dean of students from 1963 to 1997.
Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo College became Waterloo Lutheran University, and in 1973 changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University.
- Date of Original
- 1978 or 1979
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 24cm
Image Height: 18.5cm
- Local identifier
- Wilfrid Laurier University photograph collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4668 Longitude: -80.51639
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- U57 Disc15
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5