Arts Building cornerstone laying ceremony, Waterloo College
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white photograph of a car parked on Dearborn Street (now University Avenue) in front of the Waterloo College Arts Building construction site. The cornerstone laying ceremony is taking place on the steel frame of the building. Men, women, and children are gathered on the site for the ceremony.
- The Arts Building was constructed in 1953. The east wing was added in 1963.
Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo College became Waterloo Lutheran University, and in 1973 changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University.
- In ink, reverse: Cornerstone-laying Ceremony - Arts and Science Building / Sept. 20/53
- Date of Original
- Sept. 20, 1953
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 12cm
Image Height: 8.5cm
- Local identifier
- Wilfrid Laurier University photograph collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4668 Longitude: -80.51639
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- U57 Disc15
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5