Ian Smith standing on diving board
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white photograph of Wilfrid Laurier University staff member Ian Smith standing on the 3 meter diving board over the swimming pool in the Athletic Complex. There is no water in the pool. He is wearing a bathing suit and holding an umbrella.
- Construction of the Wilfrid Laurier University Athletic Complex began in 1971 and was completed in 1973. It contained a gymnasium, 50 meter pool, squash courts, training rooms, dressing rooms, classroom, offices and the Lettermen’s Lounge. A major renovation took place in 2005.
Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo College became Waterloo Lutheran University, and in 1973 changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University.
- Date of Original
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 8cm
Image Height: 11.5cm
- Local identifier
- Wilfrid Laurier University photograph collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4752910818703 Longitude: -80.5255258083344
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- U57 Disc10
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5