W. Ross Macdonald signing Bill 178
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Colour photograph of Lieutenant Governor W. Ross Macdonald signing Bill 178.
- Waterloo Lutheran University became Wilfrid Laurier University, one of Ontario's provincially-assisted universities, after Bill 178 was given royal assent by Lieutenant Governor W. Ross Macdonald who was chancellor of the university from 1964 to 1972.
Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo College became Waterloo Lutheran University, and in 1973 changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University. Laurier Brantford opened in 1999.
- Date of Original
- Nov. 1, 1973
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 19cm
Image Height: 24cm
- Local identifier
- Wilfrid Laurier University photograph collection
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- U57 Disc9
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5