Summer School indoor baseball teams, 1920
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white photograph of a group of men and women in front of Willison Hall at the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. They are members of a Summer School for Church Workers indoor baseball team. There is a trophy, bat and ball and hat on the ground in front of the women.
- Summer School for Church Workers was started by the Canada Synod of the United Lutheran Church in America in 1919. The three day convention allowed church members to attend lectures on Church work and participate in social activities. The event was held annually at the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada in Waterloo, Ontario.
- In ink, reverse: This is the summer school both teams of the indoor baseball. You will know quite a number on here and I don't think I'll need to point our myself either. See the silver cup right in front. Some of these players are from Hamilton, Preston, Kitch, etc. [Name removed] seems to be rather smitten on the girl second to the end on your right handside. She's from Spingfield Ohio. She's a niece of Zines or cousin or some relation.
Front: Summer School ----1920. Letter written on back of
Victor H. Nerlich
- Date of Original
- July 1920
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 14.5cm
Image Height: 8cm
- Local identifier
- Wilfrid Laurier University photograph collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4668 Longitude: -80.51639
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- U57 Disc8
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5