Willison Hall during construction of new wing
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white photograph of the construction of the Willison Hall addition. Cars, construction equipment, and supplies are visible in front of the building. A construction worker is standing on a ladder.
- Willison Hall was built in 1914, expanded in 1924, and demolished in 1970. It contained student accommodations, the dining hall, classrooms and laboratories, offices, a chapel, the library, and a gymnasium.
Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo College became Waterloo Lutheran University, and in 1973 changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University.
- Date of Original
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 13.5cm
Image Height: 8cm
- Local identifier
- Wilfrid Laurier University photograph collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4668 Longitude: -80.51639
- Copyright Statement
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian law. No restrictions on use.
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- U57 Disc7
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5