Marion Axford and Waterloo College students
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white photograph of ten women in front of the Berdux House, 165 Albert Street in Waterloo, Ontario. Marion Axford (third from the left), faculty member and dean of women at Waterloo College, is standing on the porch with students Hedy Armbruster, Hope Weber, Lydia Otto, Gladys Foran, Lois Carter, Alice Bald, Faith Weber, Ruth Mills, and Shirley Buder. Berdux House eventually became the second women's residence on campus.
- Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo College became Waterloo Lutheran University, and in 1973 changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University.
- Reverse: Additional prints / of this / photograph / are obtainable / from / The Belair Studio / Dunker Bldg. - Kitchener
- Date of Original
- 1947 or 1948
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 24cm
Image Height: 19cm
- Local identifier
- Wilfrid Laurier University photograph collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4668 Longitude: -80.51639
- Copyright Statement
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian law. No restrictions on use.
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- U57 Disc7
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5