Richard Christy during a Telecollege filming
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Colour photograph of Richard Christy, assistant professor of sociology and anthropology at Wilfrid Laurier University, during a filming for Telecollege Productions.
- Telecollege was established by Wilfrid Laurier University in 1978, under the umbrella of Part-Time Studies and Continuing Education, as a "distance education" program. Courses were offered in a video medium, allowing students to earn university credits in their own home. The courses were produced through the Audio-Visual Department. Telecollege Productions ceased to exist in 1992.
Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo College became Waterloo Lutheran University, and in 1973 changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University.
- Date of Original
- Between 1978 and 1992
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 9cm
Image Height: 13cm
- Local identifier
- Wilfrid Laurier University photograph collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4668 Longitude: -80.51639
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- U57 Disc7
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5