Rich Newbrough presenting portrait to Mavis Lewin
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white photograph of Wilfrid Laurier University Associate Director of Athletics Rich Newbrough presenting Mavis Lewin with a portrait of her late husband, George Lewin. Newbrough made the presentation on behalf of the Wilfrid Laurier University Lettermen's Club. George Lewin was equipment manager at the Athletic Complex from 1972 until his death in 1978. The inscription reads "George Lewin - the man who pleased all of the people, all of the time."
- The Lettermen Club is a Pro-Active Club consisting of all Male Varsity Athletes. They are responsible for Charity work directed both on campus and throughout the Kitchener-Waterloo Community. This club is a place to unite all the male Varsity sports teams, for the purpose of gaining a broader network of communication and solidarity. The Lettermen Club offers a supportive climate for all male Varsity athletes, their teams, and Laurier Athletics as a whole.
Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo College became Waterloo Lutheran University, and in 1973 changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University.
- Date of Original
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 24cm
Image Height: 19cm
- Local identifier
- Wilfrid Laurier University photograph collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4668 Longitude: -80.51639
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- U57 Disc5
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5