Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada 10th anniversary celebration, 1921
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white photograph of Willison Hall during the the celebration of the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada's 10th anniversary. Several cars parked in front of building.
- The Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada began in 1911. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo Lutheran University was formed, consisting of Waterloo College and Waterloo Lutheran Seminary. In 1973 the name of the University was changed to Wilfrid Laurier University, with Waterloo Lutheran Seminary as a federated college.
Willison Hall was built in 1914, expanded in 1924, and demolished in 1970. It contained administration offices, classrooms and laboratories, a chapel, a dining hall, the library, a gymnasium, and student accommodations. The building was commonly known as “Old Main” until the mid 1950s when it was named in honour of Waterloo College graduate Nils Willison.
- Date of Original
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 6cm
Image Height: 4cm
- Local identifier
- Wilfrid Laurier University photograph collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4668 Longitude: -80.51639
- Copyright Statement
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian law. No restrictions on use.
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- U57 Disc5
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5