Wilfrid Laurier University football team, 1973
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Colour photograph of the 1973 Wilfrid Laurier University football team. The players are posed, in uniform, with the Ontario University Athletic Association championship trophy. Front row: Ted Passmore, Rick Konopka, Ed Dietrich, Larry Simpson, Martin Cooke, Tom Balfe, Doug Smith, Doug Keene, Gary Mueller, Art MacDonald. Second row: Head Coach Dave Knight, Mike Carson, Bill Parsons, Rich Ott, Rick Griffiths, Fred McLean, Warren Howe, Pete Walker, Rob Etherington, Tom Dewey. Third row: Tony Asseltine, John Glassford, Wayne Kemick, Tim Pickett, Bob Wagner, Heinz Piaumann, Ron Mizuik, Mike Sitko, Glen Leach, Coach Rich Newbrough. Fourth row: Manager Bert Duncan, Verdun Riggs, Jamie Lamont, Chuck McMann, Rick Chalupka, Doug Kitts, Gord Taylor, John Glaves, Trainer Marty Wamsley. Fifth row: Coach Roger Passmore, Coach Gary Jeffries, Larry Uteck, Paul Robinson, Bill Armstrong, Gary Wilton, Fred Brown, Gord Thompson, Coach Don Smith, Assistant George Lewin.
- Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo College became Waterloo Lutheran University, and in 1973 changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University.
- Date of Original
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 24.5cm
Image Height: 19.5cm
- Local identifier
- Wilfrid Laurier University photograph collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4668 Longitude: -80.51639
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- U57 Disc2
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5