Frederick Speckeen welcomes Malachi Caleb Odenyo to Waterloo Lutheran University
- Personal Studio, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white photograph of three men standing outside of the Waterloo Lutheran University Arts Building. Dean of Students Frederick Speckeen (right) is shaking hands with international student Malachi Caleb Odenyo of Kenya. Looking on is Student Council president Archie McLean.
- Personal Studio (1949-1996) was a photography studio owned and operated by Robert Nicol in Waterloo, Ontario. Waterloo Lutheran University hired Personal Studio to photograph faculty, staff, students, and the campus.
Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 it became Waterloo Lutheran University, composed of Waterloo University College and Waterloo Lutheran Seminary. In 1973 Waterloo Lutheran University became Wilfrid Laurier University. In September 1999 Laurier Brantford opened in Brantford, Ontario.
- Date of Original
- July 12, 1963
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 9.5cm
Image Height: 12cm
- Local identifier
- Personal Studio fonds
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4668 Longitude: -80.51639
- Copyright Statement
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Holder
- Wilfrid Laurier University
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- S719 Disc1
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5