Revolving cross, St. Peter's Lutheran Church, Kitchener, Ontario
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white photograph of the lighted, revolving cross on the steeple of St. Peter's Lutheran Church in Kitchener, Ontario. The cross was installed in 1927.
- St. Peter’s Lutheran Church is a member of the Eastern Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada. It is located at 49 Queen Street North in Kitchener, Ontario. The congregation was organized in 1863 as Die Evangelische Lutherische St. Petri Gemeinde.
The first church building was completed in 1863, but was demolished in 1877. Construction of a new church took way and was completed in 1868. In 1922, a parish hall was added next to the existing church building; and in 1928, the church’s interior was completely remodeled. By the 1960s, the church had consistent repair issues and was not large enough to support all the church’s programmes. The decision was made to demolish the existing church building and by 1966, construction of the new church was completed. In 2012 The Labyrinth at St. Peter’s was created on the floor of St. Peter’s Chapel, providing a space for prayer and meditation.
- Date of Original
- Between 1927 and 1970
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 19cm
Image Height: 16cm
- Local identifier
- St. Peter's Evangelical Lutheran Church fonds
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4501 Longitude: -80.48299
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- S2041 Disc1
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5