St. John's Lutheran Church confirmation class, 1929
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white photograph of the 1928 St. John's Lutheran Church confirmation class. Rev. C. S. Roberts is seated in the front row. The confirmands are posed with a clergy member. The girls are wearing white dresses and the boys are wearing dark suits.
- St. John's Lutheran Church (1837-2018) in Waterloo, Ontario was a member of the Eastern Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada. The congregation was formed in 1837, and a modest church was built in uptown Waterloo, at the modern-day intersection of King and Bridgeport Streets. The congregation eventually outgrew the building, and in 1883 a new church was constructed on the same plot of land. On October 31, 1959, a devastating fire destroyed the church. The congregation chose to rebuild at 22 Willow Street in Waterloo, and the new church was dedicated on October 14, 1962.
In 2018, St. John's Lutheran Church merged with St. Mark's Lutheran Church and Reformation Lutheran Church to form Trillium Lutheran Church, a worship community of the Eastern Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada. Trillium Lutheran Church is located in the former St. John’s Lutheran Church building at 22 Willow Street in Waterloo, Ontario.
- Date of Original
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 25cm
Image Height: 20cm
- Local identifier
- St. John's Lutheran Church (Waterloo, ON) fonds
- Copyright Statement
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian law. No restrictions on use.
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collection
- Reproduction Notes
- S2077 Disc1
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5