St. John's Lutheran Brotherhood presents Wilbur Braun's "Sis Perkins : a farcical comedy drama in three acts", Waterloo Town Hall, February 15th, 16th & 17th
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Program for the St. John's Lutheran Brotherhood production of "Sis Perkins : a farcical comedy drama in three acts" by Wilbur Braun. The play was staged at the Waterloo Town Hall in February 1938. Includes synopsis, and a list of cast and crew.
- St. John's Lutheran Church (1837-2018) in Waterloo, Ontario was a member of the Eastern Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada. The congregation was formed in 1837, and a modest church was built in uptown Waterloo, at the modern-day intersection of King and Bridgeport Streets. The congregation eventually outgrew the building, and in 1883 a new church was constructed on the same plot of land. On October 31, 1959, a devastating fire destroyed the church. The congregation chose to rebuild at 22 Willow Street in Waterloo, and the new church was dedicated on October 14, 1962.
In 2018, St. John's Lutheran Church merged with St. Mark's Lutheran Church and Reformation Lutheran Church to form Trillium Lutheran Church, a worship community of the Eastern Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada. Trillium Lutheran Church is located in the former St. John’s Lutheran Church building at 22 Willow Street in Waterloo, Ontario.
- Date of Original
Width: 11 cm
Height: 19 cm
- Local identifier
- St. John's Lutheran Church (Waterloo, ON) fonds
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4668 Longitude: -80.51639
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- S2077 Disc 1
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5