Dedication of new Church building, St. John's Lutheran Church, September 16, 1883
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Program for the dedication service of the new St. John's Lutheran Church in Waterloo, Ontario. The service was held on September 15, 1883.
The program was damaged during the 1959 fire at St. John's Lutheran Church. The edges are scorched.
- St. John's Lutheran Church (1837-2018) in Waterloo, Ontario was a member of the Eastern Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada. The congregation was formed in 1837, and a modest church was built in uptown Waterloo, at the modern-day intersection of King and Bridgeport Streets. The congregation eventually outgrew the building, and in 1883 a new church was constructed on the same plot of land. On October 31, 1959, a devastating fire destroyed the church. The congregation chose to rebuild at 22 Willow Street in Waterloo, and the new church was dedicated on October 14, 1962.
In 2018, St. John's Lutheran Church merged with St. Mark's Lutheran Church and Reformation Lutheran Church to form Trillium Lutheran Church, a worship community of the Eastern Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada. Trillium Lutheran Church is located in the former St. John’s Lutheran Church building at 22 Willow Street in Waterloo, Ontario.
- Date of Original
Width: 15.5 cm
Height: 22 cm
- Local identifier
- St. John's Lutheran Church (Waterloo, ON) fonds
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4668 Longitude: -80.51639
- Copyright Statement
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian law. No restrictions on use.
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- S2077 Disc 1
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5