1946 Sunday School picnic, St. John's Lutheran Church, Waterloo, Ontario
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white photograph of eight girls attending the St. John's Lutheran Church Sunday School picnic at Kaufman's Flats in Waterloo, Ontario. The girls are posed in front of the water.
- St. John's Lutheran Church (1837-2018) in Waterloo, Ontario was a member of the Eastern Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada. In 1837, the newly formed congregation purchased property in uptown Waterloo, at the modern-day intersection of King and Bridgeport Streets, and built a modest church. The congregation eventually outgrew original building, and in 1883 a new church was constructed on the same plot of land. A devastating fire destroyed the St. John’s Lutheran Church building on October 31, 1959. The congregation chose to rebuild at 22 Willow Street in Waterloo. The new church was dedicated on October 14, 1962. In 2018, St. John's Lutheran Church merged with St. Mark's Lutheran Church and Reformation Lutheran Church to form Trillium Lutheran Church, a worship community of the Eastern Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada. Trillium Lutheran Church is located in the former St. John’s Lutheran Church building at 22 Willow Street in Waterloo, Ontario.
- Date of Original
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 12cm
Image Height: 8cm
- Local identifier
- St. John's Lutheran Church (Waterloo, ON) fonds
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4668 Longitude: -80.51639
- Copyright Statement
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian law. No restrictions on use.
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- S2077 Disc 1
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5