Researcher with weather balloon
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Colour photograph of a member of Marie Sanderson's research and field work team. She is holding a large weather balloon.
- Marie Elizabeth Sanderson (1921-2010) was a Canadian climate and water researcher. Sanderson received her BA at the University of Toronto, her MA at the University of Maryland, and her PhD from the University of Michigan. Early in her career Sanderson worked for the Ontario Research Foundation, and conducted climatic experiments in the Northwest Territories. From 1965 to 1988 she was a professor at the University of Windsor. In 1988 she joined The Water Network at the University of Waterloo, which focused on water issues in the Grand River basin. Marie Sanderson has received many awards, including the Windsor Woman of the Year, Award of Service to the Profession of Geography, the Ryerson Fellowship, the Distinguished Alumni Award from the University of Toronto Association of Geography Alumni, and an honorary degree from the University of Waterloo.
- Date of Original
- Between 1977 and 1993
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 11.5cm
Image Height: 16cm
- Local identifier
- Marie Sanderson fonds
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 70.16784 Longitude: -90.73325
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- S703 Disc1
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5