Eldred Bancroft, Violet Archer and Elaine Simpson
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white photograph of three women seated on a bench.
Left to right: Eldred Bancroft, Edmonton Centre; Dr. Violet Archer, Edmonton Centre; Elaine Simpson, St. Louis, Missouri.
- The Royal Canadian College of Organists (RCCO) is an interdenominational community of professional and amateur organists, church musicians, choral conductors, and others who share an interest in organs and organ music. RCCO supports the development of organ and choral performance in Canada, and church musicianship.
Founded as the Canadian Guild of Organists in 1909, RCCO is the nation’s oldest association of musicians. In 1920 the name was changed to Canadian College of Organists, and in 1959 Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II granted use of the Royal prefix.
RCCO supports its members in the development and practice of organ and choral performance, and church musicianship. It offers vocational support to its members, publishes a bimonthly journal, holds annual conventions, and publishes organ and choral works. Annual examinations are held for the diplomas of Colleague, Associate and Fellow; the Professional Diploma in Choral Conducting; and the certificates in Service Playing and Choir Training.
The Royal Canadian College of Organists is a federally incorporated registered charitable organization. It is administered by a Board of Directors. The National Council is an independent advisory board which includes the directors, chairs of standing committees, and member representatives.
RCCO is divided into 8 geographic Regions: Atlantic; Quebec and Eastern Ontario; Central Ontario; Southern Ontario; Western Ontario; Manitoba and Northwest Ontario; Prairies; and Pacific. Within each Region are local Centers, where members carry out the day to day activities of the College in their own communities.
- On reverse, in ink: Left to Right, Mrs Bancroft - Edmonton; Dr. Violet Archer, Edmonton; Elaine Simpson - St. Louis Mo.
- Date of Original
- Between 1960 and 1985
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 17cm
Image Height: 12cm
- Local identifier
- Royal Canadian College of Organists collection
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- S506 Disc 1
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5