Walmer Road Baptist Church Choir, Toronto, 1936
- Mackintosh, E., Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white photograph of the Walmer Road Baptist Church Choir in Toronto, Ontario. The choir members are posed in the church.
- The Royal Canadian College of Organists (RCCO) is an interdenominational community of professional and amateur organists, church musicians, choral conductors, and others who share an interest in organs and organ music. RCCO supports the development of organ and choral performance in Canada, and church musicianship.
Founded as the Canadian Guild of Organists in 1909, RCCO is the nation’s oldest association of musicians. In 1920 the name was changed to Canadian College of Organists, and in 1959 Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II granted use of the Royal prefix.
RCCO supports its members in the development and practice of organ and choral performance, and church musicianship. It offers vocational support to its members, publishes a bimonthly journal, holds annual conventions, and publishes organ and choral works. Annual examinations are held for the diplomas of Colleague, Associate and Fellow; the Professional Diploma in Choral Conducting; and the certificates in Service Playing and Choir Training.
The Royal Canadian College of Organists is a federally incorporated registered charitable organization. It is administered by a Board of Directors. The National Council is an independent advisory board which includes the directors, chairs of standing committees, and member representatives.
RCCO is divided into 8 geographic Regions: Atlantic; Quebec and Eastern Ontario; Central Ontario; Southern Ontario; Western Ontario; Manitoba and Northwest Ontario; Prairies; and Pacific. Within each Region are local Centers, where members carry out the day to day activities of the College in their own communities.
- Walmer Road Baptist Church Choir
- Date of Original
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 23cm
Image Height: 18cm
- Local identifier
- Royal Canadian College of Organists collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.70011 Longitude: -79.4163
- Copyright Statement
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian law. No restrictions on use.
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- S506 Disc 1
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5