- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white photograph of Marie Elizabeth Aksim (1887-1982) sitting on a sofa. She was the first house mother of Conrad Hall, Waterloo College's women's residence.
- This was the original campus building when the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada opened in 1911. Through the years the building was used for many different purposes. In 1952 the building was renovated and became the first permanent women's residence on campus. In 1954 it was officially named Conrad Hall, in honour of Clara Conrad. The building was demolished in 1963 to make room for the new Waterloo Lutheran Seminary building.
Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 it became Waterloo Lutheran University, composed of Waterloo University College and Waterloo Lutheran Seminary. In 1973 Waterloo Lutheran University became Wilfrid Laurier University. In September 1999 Laurier Brantford opened in Brantford, Ontario.
- Date of Original
- 1953 or 1954
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 6.5cm
Image Height: 4cm
- Local identifier
- Wilfrid Laurier University photograph collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4668 Longitude: -80.51639
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- U57 Disc1
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5