- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white photograph of Ottomar Lincke, president of the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada, seated at a roll-top desk in his office. The sun is shining through a curtained window. There is an ornate arch around the window. His desk is filled with books and papers.
- The photograph is affixed to an album page.
Reverend Ottomar Lincke was one of the first professors at the Seminary in 1912, and he was also acting president from 1911-1914.
This was the original campus building when the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada opened in 1911. Through the years the building was used for many different purposes. In 1952 the building was renovated and became the first permanent women's residence on campus. In 1954 it was officially named Conrad Hall in honour of Clara Conrad, long-time president of the Women's Auxiliary. The building was demolished in 1963 to make room for the new Waterloo Lutheran Seminary building.
- Reverse, in ink : Rev. Prof. O. (Ottomar) Linke in / his study at Sem. / Taken about 1912 / Director of Waterloo Lutheran Seminary
- Date of Original
- c. 1912
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 9.5cm
Image Height: 12cm
- Local identifier
- Norman Antler fonds
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4668 Longitude: -80.51639
- Copyright Statement
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian law. No restrictions on use.
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- S501 Disc1
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5