Ottomar Lincke and family
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white photograph of Ottomar Lincke and his family. They are standing on the steps of the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada in Waterloo, Ontario.
- The photograph is affixed to an album page. The photograph is damaged.
Reverend Ottomar Lincke was a professor at the Seminary; he was also acting president from 1911-1914.
This was the original campus building when the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada opened in 1911. Through the years the building was used for many different purposes. In 1952 the building was renovated and became the first permanent women's residence on campus. In 1954 it was officially named Conrad Hall in honour of Clara Conrad, long-time president of the Women's Auxiliary. The building was demolished in 1963 to make room for the new Waterloo Lutheran Seminary building.
The Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada began in 1911. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo Lutheran University was formed, consisting of Waterloo University College and Waterloo Lutheran Seminary. In 1973 the name of the University was changed to Wilfrid Laurier University, with Waterloo Lutheran Seminary as a federated college.
- Reverse, in ink : Rev. Prof. Ottoman [?] / family. / Director of Waterloo / Luth. Seminary / about 1912.
- Date of Original
- c. 1912
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 8.5cm
Image Height: 11.5cm
- Local identifier
- Norman Antler fonds
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4668 Longitude: -80.51639
- Copyright Statement
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian law. No restrictions on use.
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- S501 Disc1
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5