Choir performing during Lutheran rally at Waterloo Park, July 6, 1941
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white photograph a choir performing during the Luther Rally held at the Waterloo Park bandshell during the Luther League of America's 23rd biennial convention. A man is conducting the choir. Audience members are seated in front of the bandshell.
- The photograph is affixed to an album page.
The Luther League of America's 23rd biennial convention was held in Kitchener, Ontario, July 3-7, 1941. More than 1,000 delegates attend the youth conference. The convention was hosted by the Luther League of Canada, one of the synodical Leagues composing the Luther League of America.
Norman Albert Antler (1920-2010) was a collector of Canadian Lutheran church history. Antler was a lifelong member of Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church in Pembroke, Ontario, where he served as a board member, church historian, and program chairman for Zion’s 1983 centennial celebration. During this time he became interested in church history, particularly the Lutheran Church in America congregations. Antler began collecting the histories of the Upper Ottawa Valley presenting his research at Synod conventions, church celebrations, and events. After taking a trip to Canada’s western provinces Antler expanded the scope of his interest, and began collecting the histories churches across Canada.
- Date of Original
- July 6, 1941
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 10cm
Image Height: 6cm
- Local identifier
- Norman Antler fonds
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4668 Longitude: -80.51639
- Copyright Statement
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian law. No restrictions on use.
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- S501 Disc1
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5