Woman standing in front of Waterloo Park bandshell
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white photograph of a woman standing in the garden in front of the Waterloo Park bandshell in Waterloo, Ontario. The bandshell is empty.
- The photograph is affixed to an album page.
Norman Albert Antler (1920-2010) was a collector of Canadian Lutheran church history. Antler was a lifelong member of Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church in Pembroke, Ontario, where he served as a board member, church historian, and program chairman for Zion’s 1983 centennial celebration. During this time he became interested in church history, particularly the Lutheran Church in America congregations. Antler began collecting the histories of the Upper Ottawa Valley of the Eastern District, presenting his research at Synod conventions, church celebrations, and events. After taking a trip to Canada’s western provinces Antler expanded the scope of his interest, and began collecting the histories of the Central and Western Synods. He corresponded with hundreds of congregations, requesting their history in any form, including: anniversary books, newspaper clippings, photographs of church property and buildings, photographs of pastors and special events. As an informal historian of Lutheranism in Canada, Antler had no financial assistance, although some congregations and individuals sent him small donations.
- Date of Original
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 10cm
Image Height: 6cm
- Local identifier
- Norman Antler fonds
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4668 Longitude: -80.51639
- Copyright Statement
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian law. No restrictions on use.
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- S501 Disc1
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5