Snow sculpture in front of Conrad Hall, Waterloo Lutheran University
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white photograph of a dinosaur snow sculpture in front of Conrad Hall on the Waterloo Lutheran University campus. Willison Hall is visible in the background. The snow sculpture is part of the university's 1962 Winter Carnival activities.
- Winter Carnival is an annual event organized by Wilfrid Laurier University students. The first Winter Carnival was held in 1961. Over the years the event has featured many different activities, including ice sculpture contests, musical concerts, outdoor sporting events, and the Miss Canadian University Queen Pageant.
Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo College became Waterloo Lutheran University, and in 1973 changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University.
- Date of Original
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 15.5cm
Image Height: 10.5cm
- Local identifier
- Wilfrid Laurier University 75th anniversary photograph and slide collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4668 Longitude: -80.51639
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- U55 Disc3
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5