Mammy and Pappy Stalkie serving food to Waterloo College students
- Kitchener-Waterloo Record, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white photograph of Waterloo College Boarding Club cooks Carl and Irmgaard Stalkie serving food to students James Gram and Bill Bauer.
- Mr. and Mrs. Carl Stalkie were cooks at Waterloo College from 1949 to 1953. They lived on campus and prepared meals for Boarding Club members. Students referred to them as "Mammy" and "Pappy".
The Boarding Club, administered by students, provided room, meals, and laundry for students living in residence.
Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo College became Waterloo Lutheran University, and in 1973 changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University.
- In ink, reverse: Mammy Stalkie, Pappy Stalkie, James Gram, Bill Bauer.
Photographer stamp, reverse: Kitchener-Waterloo Record / Photograph
- Date of Original
- Between 1949 and 1953
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 24cm
Image Height: 19cm
- Local identifier
- Wilfrid Laurier University photograph collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4668 Longitude: -80.51639
- Copyright Statement
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian law. No restrictions on use.
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- U57 Disc7
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5