Construction of original Student Union Building and Theatre Auditorium, Waterloo Lutheran University
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white photograph of the construction of the original Student Union Building and the Theatre Auditorium at Waterloo Lutheran University. The women's residence (now Conrad Hall) is on the left. King Street is in the background.
- The original Student Union Building, erected in 1962, housed student offices, the Cord Weekly, a lounge, and the Dean of Students' office. When the new Students Union Building (The Fred Nichols Campus Centre) opened in 1970, the original building was transformed into the Educational Services Centre, containing offices, Education Services, Counselling, Health Services, Student Awards, and the Housing Office.
Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 it became Waterloo Lutheran University, composed of Waterloo University College and Waterloo Lutheran Seminary. In 1973 Waterloo Lutheran University changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University. In September 1999 Laurier Brantford opened in Brantford, Ontario.
- Date of Original
- 1961 or 1962
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 15cm
Image Height: 11.5cm
- Local identifier
- Wilfrid Laurier University photograph collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4668 Longitude: -80.51639
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- U57 Disc15
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5