Judith Astley, Nancy Maitland, and Robert Astley at Wilfrid Laurier University Library donor event
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Colour photograph of Nancy Maitland of Sun Life Financial Canada (centre), and Judith and Robert Astley at a Wilfrid Laurier University Library donor event.
- Wilfrid Laurier University Library held a reception to thank donors who supported the Information Commons, the Digital Studio, and the Agnes and Jerry Hall Geospatial and Data Centre.
The original Library was located in Willison Hall. The current Library, located on the main campus, is a seven floor structure. Initial construction of the Library began in 1964, and in 1965 the three floor building was officially opened. Additions in 1971 and 1984 completed the building. A major renovation took place in 2002.
Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 it became Waterloo Lutheran University, composed of Waterloo University College and Waterloo Lutheran Seminary. In 1973 Waterloo Lutheran University changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University. In September 1999 Laurier Brantford opened in Brantford, Ontario.
- Date of Original
- March 31, 2008
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 15cm
Image Height: 10.5cm
- Local identifier
- Wilfrid Laurier University photograph collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4668 Longitude: -80.51639
- Copyright Statement
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Holder
- Wilfrid Laurier University
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- U57 Disc1
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5