Waterloo College graduate Doreen Sanderson at convocation ceremony
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white photograph of Waterloo College graduate Doreen Sanderson at the 1958 spring convocation ceremony held at the University of Western Ontario in London, Ontario. She is wearing an academic cap and gown, and holding a bouquet of roses.
- In 1955 Doreen Sanderson (Doreen Smith) entered Waterloo College as a student in the Department of Secretarial Science. She graduated in 1958.
Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. From 1925 to 1960, Waterloo College was an affiliated college of the University of Western Ontario. Waterloo College students received degrees conferred by the University of Western Ontario, and participated in convocation ceremonies at UWO. In 1960 affiliation with the University of Western Ontario ended, and Waterloo College became Waterloo Lutheran University. In 1973, the university became Wilfrid Laurier University.
- Date of Original
- May 24, 1958
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 7.5cm
Image Height: 7.5cm
- Local identifier
- Waterloo College scrapbook, 1955-1959 / Doreen Sanderson
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.083888 Longitude: -81.298611
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- U15.1 Disc1
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5