Waterloo College convocation, 1958
- Russell, Dorothy, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Colour group photograph of Waterloo College graduates at their convocation ceremony, held at the University of Western Ontario in London, Ontario. Most are wearing caps and gowns. Centre, left to right: Harold Russell, smiling at camera; Jack Ryan, smiling at camera; Doreen Sanderson; Sally Simson.
- The photograph was taken by Dorothy Russell, mother of Harold Russell.
Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. From 1925 to 1960, Waterloo College was an affiliated college of the University of Western Ontario. Waterloo College students received degrees conferred by the University of Western Ontario, and participated in convocation ceremonies at UWO. In 1960 affiliation with the University of Western Ontario ended, and Waterloo College became Waterloo Lutheran University. In 1973, the university became Wilfrid Laurier University.
- Date of Original
- May 24, 1958
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 9.5cm
Image Height: 14cm
- Local identifier
- Waterloo College scrapbook, 1955-1959 / Doreen Sanderson
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 42.9675 Longitude: -81.2325
- Copyright Statement
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- U15.1 Disc1
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5