Dedication service for The Lutheran Church of Our Saviour, Owen Sound
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white photograph of the dedication service of the Lutheran Church of Our Saviour in Owen Sound, Ontario. Men, women and children are seated in the pews during the service.
- The Lutheran Church of Our Saviour in Owen Sound, Ontario is a congregation in the Eastern Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada. In 1925 St. Peter’s Lutheran Church began in Owen Sound, serving the congregation in a rented hall until 1928. In 1934 Our Saviour’s Lutheran Church was officially chartered with 74 baptized and 43 confirmed members. In 1942 the church purchased the former Women’s Christian Temperance Union building, located at 9th Street and 1st Avenue West. In 1963 a property was purchased at 1049 4th Avenue West, the current location of the site of the Lutheran Church of Our Saviour. The new Parish Hall was quickly renovation, and services were held here until the new Church was officially dedicated on May 15, 1966.
- Date of Original
- May 15, 1966
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 24cm
Image Height: 19cm
- Local identifier
- Lutheran Church of Our Saviour (Owen Sound, ON) fonds
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 44.56717 Longitude: -80.94349
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- S2015 Disc1
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5