Dedication of Alumni Field, Wilfrid Laurier University
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Colour digital photograph of people attending the dedication of Wilfrid Laurier University's revitalized Alumni Field. They are seated on bleachers with the Science Building in the background.
- Willison Field, earlier known as Seagram Field, was revitalized in 2006. The $1.85 million dollar project was funded by donations from the Wilfrid Laurier Alumni Association, Wilfrid Laurier Univesity Students' Union, the family of John Cleghorn, and other corporate and individual donors. Improvements included artificial turf, updated drainage, and amphitheater style seating. It was renamed Alumni Field to recognize alumni support.
The University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo College became Waterloo Lutheran University, and in 1973 changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University. Laurier Brantford opened in 1999.
- Date of Original
- Sept. 19, 2006
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 3504px
Image Height: 2336px
- Local identifier
- Wilfrid Laurier University photograph collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4668 Longitude: -80.51639
- Copyright Statement
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Date
- Copyright Holder
- Wilfrid Laurier University
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- U57 DI106
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5