Opening of French House, Waterloo Lutheran University
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white photograph of the ribbon cutting ceremony at the official opening of The French House at Waterloo Lutheran University. Joan Kilgour is standing inside the house. Harry Greb, chairman of the Board of Governors is standing on the front porch while cutting the ribbon. Members of the Greb family and other guests are in the background.
- From 1964-1972 the French House was a women's residence for students in the honours French program. The women pledged to the exclusive use of French in the residence, a two-story house at the southern end of the campus.
Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo College became Waterloo Lutheran University, and in 1973 changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University.
- Date of Original
- Nov. 14, 1964
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 11.5cm
Image Height: 15cm
- Local identifier
- University photograph collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4668 Longitude: -80.51639
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- U57 Disc42
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5