Waterloo College detachment, Canadian Officers' Training Corps
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white group photograph of the Waterloo College detachment of the Canadian Officers' Training Corps. Memebers are posed in uniform. Left to right, seated: Fred Dahms, Jeremy Hughes, John Fehrenbach, Don McNaughton, Harold Russell. Second row: Mike Turner, John Elsley, John Steele, Dick Buhr. Third row: Bill Bishop, 2/Lt. Wayne Homer, Captain J.M. Clark, Jack Ryan, Allan Neuman.
- The university-based Canadian Officers’ Training Corps (C.O.T.C.) trained undergraduate students for officer commissions in the Canadian Army reserves. Cadets pursued their degree throughout the school year, and served Canadian Army corps during the summer. The Waterloo College detachment of the University of Western Ontario Contingent was established in 1940.
Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo College became Waterloo Lutheran University, and in 1973 changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University.
- Date of Original
- 1955 or 1956
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 12cm
Image Height: 9cm
- Local identifier
- Wilfrid Laurier University 75th anniversary photograph and slide collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4668 Longitude: -80.51639
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- U57 Disc5
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5