Opening of the Dining Hall at Waterloo College and Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white photograph of the opening of the Dining Hall at Waterloo College and Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. Betty Ann Schaus (centre) is presenting a bouquet of roses to Sara Breithaupt, wife of Lieutenant-Governor L.O. Breithaupt.
- Constructed in 1953, the Dining Hall was located between Willison Hall and Conrad Hall. It was demolished in 1962 to make room for the Waterloo Lutheran Seminary Building.
Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 it became Waterloo Lutheran University, composed of Waterloo University College and Waterloo Lutheran Seminary. In 1973 Waterloo Lutheran University changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University. In September 1999 Laurier Brantford opened in Brantford, Ontario.
- Date of Original
- Sept. 20, 1953
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 24.5cm
Image Height: 18.5cm
- Local identifier
- Wilfrid Laurier University photograph collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4668 Longitude: -80.51639
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- U57 Disc15
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5