Official opening of the Dining Hall, Waterloo College and Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada
- Kitchener-Waterloo Record, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white photograph of the official opening of the Dining Hall at Waterloo College. Dignitaries are gathered near Dining Hall doors. Willison Hall is in the background.
- Constructed in 1953, the Dining Hall was located between Willison Hall and Conrad Hall. It was demolished in 1962 to make room for the Waterloo Lutheran Seminary building.
Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 it became Waterloo Lutheran University, composed of Waterloo University College and Waterloo Lutheran Seminary. In 1973 Waterloo Lutheran University changed its name to Wilfrid Laurier University. In September 1999 Laurier Brantford opened in Brantford, Ontario.
- Before Dining Hall opening - September 20/53 / (near old building) / Mr. L. A. Reichard / Rev. G. F. Durst / Prof. K. Nabert / Prof. A. G. McKay / Prof. G. Adams
- Date of Original
- Sept. 20, 1953
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 13cm
Image Height: 10cm
- Local identifier
- Wilfrid Laurier University photograph collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4668 Longitude: -80.51639
- Copyright Statement
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian law. No restrictions on use.
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5