Lloyd Axworthy receiving honorary degree, Wilfrid Laurier University spring convocation 2008
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Colour digital photograph of Lloyd Axworthy (standing, centre) receiving an honorary degree during the Wilfrid Laurier University spring 2008 convocation ceremony. He is being hooded by faculty member Alicia Sliwinski. Also standing on the stage are Chancellor John Pollock (left) and President Max Blouw. Other dignitaries are seated on the stage. The university mace is in the foreground.
- The 2008 Wilfrid Laurier University spring convocation ceremony was held at the Waterloo Memorial Recreation Complex.
Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Ontario. It began in 1911 as the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 it became Waterloo Lutheran University, composed of Waterloo University College and Waterloo Lutheran Seminary. In 1973 Waterloo Lutheran University became Wilfrid Laurier University. In September 1999 Laurier Brantford opened in Brantford, Ontario.
- Date of Original
- June 6, 2008
Width: 3888 px
Height: 2592 px
- Local identifier
- Wilfrid Laurier University Photograph Collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4668 Longitude: -80.51639
- Copyright Statement
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Date
- Copyright Holder
- Wilfrid Laurier University
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5