Women's Auxiliary presenting quilts
- Murray's Studio, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white photograph of five women, members of the Women's Auxiliary, presenting more than 100 quilts to Waterloo College President Joseph Gerald Hagey. The quilts were made by members of the Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada Women's Auxiliary, to be used by Waterloo College and Seminary students. Left to right: Mrs. David Schulte, Mrs. Mel Schatz, Louise G. Doerr, Gerald Hagey, Clara Conrad, Mrs. C. H. Musselman.
- The Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada began in 1911. In 1924 Waterloo College was established, providing courses in post-secondary education. In 1960 Waterloo Lutheran University was formed, consisting of Waterloo College and Waterloo Lutheran Seminary. In 1973 the name of the University was changed to Wilfrid Laurier University, with Waterloo Lutheran Seminary as a federated college.
- Date of Original
- Image Dimensions
Image Width: 13.5cm
Image Height: 10cm
Waterloo College (Waterloo, Ont.) - Administration
College presidents - Ontario - Waterloo
Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada - Administration
Hagey, J. G. (Joseph Gerald), 1904-1988
Evangelical Lutheran Seminary of Canada. Women's Auxiliary
Women in the Lutheran Church
Schulte, Mrs. David
Musselman, Mrs. C. H.
Doerr, Louise G.
- Local identifier
- Wilfrid Laurier University photograph collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4668 Longitude: -80.51639
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Wilfrid Laurier University Archives & Special Collections
- Reproduction Notes
- U57 Disc3
- Wilfrid Laurier University LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:
75 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON Canada N2L 3C5